Thank you for your interest in volunteering with our group!
Our organization is truly unique in San Diego. No other group in town has the unique policies and standards that we live by. We are an all-volunteer, non-profit cat rescue organization. We have no facility, but rely on foster homes to house our cats until they are adopted.
Volunteer only if dependable and reliable. Whatever it is you think you might be able to help us with, we urge you to only get involved if you can be super, super dependable; Dependable meaning simply that you follow through with your commitment to whatever was scheduled for you. Even if you only commit to a single hour per month, for the safety of the kitties: IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT YOU DO NOT FLAKE-OUT the day before your scheduled activity. If you can find someone to cover for you, its fine. However, please only consider helping us if we can count on you to be dependable and reliable.
If you can help or know someone who can, get in touch with us by: e-mail or leave a message at: 760-550-CATS. Please volunteer to help our cause. Our non-profit 501(C)(3) is an entirely volunteer staff, with over a dozen core volunteers. If you can't help, perhaps you know someone who is ultra-reliable who can help us in any of the following roles:
- One who can help answer inquiries on e-mail, match adopters with cats
- Someone who can help at PETsMART La Jolla a few hours a month
- Someone who can help at Petco in Poway a few hours a month (play with the cats, cleaning, check water/food)
Foster Home (for cats and kittens):
- All equipment and supplies furnished (except for litter)
- Qty: 1-6 cats and/or Kittens at your comfort level
- Picking up and driving cats and/or cat medicine around
- Between foster homes, adoption events and vet appointments
- Checking in on cats at in-store location
- Administer minor oral/topical medications
- Play with the cats, cleaning, check water/food/documentation
- Visit foster homes and other locations to take pictures of cats/kittens for the website
If you're skeptical about what just few hours a month of volunteer effort can accomplish, just take a look at all the cats we've rescued so far this year and already placed into the best possible homes we could find: